What is it?
The TOGAF 9 Level 2 Certified course is a 3-day, interactive, classroom-based learning experience. The course focuses on the practical application of TOGAF™ 9 framework, building on the foundational knowledge and comprehension of Level 1, using practical scenarios to enforce concepts.
The purpose of certification for TOGAF 9 Level 2, known as TOGAF 9 Certified, is to provide validation that in addition to the knowledge and comprehension of TOGAF 9 Foundation, the candidate is able to analyze and apply this knowledge. The learning objectives at this level therefore focus on application and analysis in addition to knowledge and comprehension.
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of TOGAF 9 (e.g. System Integrators, Operational, business and IT developers, CIO’s and IT managers, Program and Project leaders, IT specialists, architects)
- Professionals who are working in an organization where TOGAF 9 has been adopted and who need to participate in architecture projects and initiatives
- Architects who will be responsible for developing architecture artifacts
- Architects who wish to introduce TOGAF 9 into an architecture practice
- Architects who want to achieve a recognized qualification to demonstrate their detailed knowledge of TOGAF 9
What are the Course Objectives?
Upon successful completion participants will understand:
- How to apply the ADM phases in development of an enterprise architecture
- How to apply Architecture Governance in development of an enterprise architecture
- How to apply the TOGAF Architecture Content Framework
- How to apply the concept of Building Blocks
- How to apply the Stakeholder Management Technique
- How to apply the TOGAF Content Metamodel
- How to apply TOGAF recommended techniques when developing an enterprise architecture
- The TOGAF Technical Reference Model and how to customize it to meet an organization’s needs
- The Integrated Information Infrastructure Reference Model
- The content of the key deliverables of the ADM cycle
- How an enterprise architecture can be partitioned to meet the specific needs of an organization
- The purpose of the Architecture Repository
- How to apply iteration and different levels of architecture with the ADM
- How to adapt the ADM for security
- SOA as a style of architecture
- The role of architecture maturity models in developing an enterprise architecture
- The purpose of the Architecture Skills Framework and how to apply it within an organization
There are no formal prerequisites; it is recommended that participants have experience in the IT domain. Note, to be certified on TOGAF 9 Level 2, it is required to have passed the TOGAF Level 1 exam.
TOGAF 9 Foundation Certificate (Part 1)
- Certification is only achieved by passing the examination
The exam is in open-book format, and includes 8 complex multiple-choice scenario-based questions. The
exam lasts for 90 minutes and can be taken onsite (online) or through Prometric test centers.
- Classroom Instructor-led (contact STI for details of scheduling a course for your group)
- Virtual Instructor-led (call for available dates)
- Complete Level 1 and 2 Virtual Instructor-led
- 11-14 June 2012 – Cost is $2600 – (limited to 16 seats – Register here)